Thank you for checking us out!
About Indie Connect
Without Indie Connect I would have never met so many folks who I’ve since written songs with. I’ve learned from folks like Judy Rodman, who also helped me get several chart singles, and Nashville legends like the brilliant Marc Alan Barnette.Roy August, Hit Songwriter
Indie Connect has given me tools, connections and ongoing knowledge about all things in the music industry. I am so grateful for Vinny and Connie's hard work.Alayna, Indie Artist
Vinny Ribas founded Indie Connect in September 2007 with his wife Connie. The company's mission is:
‘To ensure that choosing a career in the music industry is a viable, profitable and sustainable option for anyone who wants it and has both a marketable talent and a strong wortk ethic.”
The company began as just an informal weekly luncheon at with 5-6 people from different sectors of the industry would get together for lunch to talk music business and try to help each other. It didn't take long for the industry to take note and within 2 months each weekly meeting had 20-30 participants. Each meeting also featured a guest speaker who was videotaped, giving us the foundation for our online training library. Over the first few years the company hosted up to 5 music industry networking events in the Nashville area every week and had several chapters meeting monthly around the country. But times have changed and everything has moved online, so our business model followed suit. Today the comapny specializes in these distinct areas:
- Artist Management - We represent serious established artists who perform mostly in mid-sized concert venues.
- Artist Mentorship - We choose exceptionally talented artists and serious artist managers and mentor them to the point where they are making a steady profit from their music.
- Artist Manager Mentorship - We help newer artist managers better understand the industry and how to set up and manage their artist's business affairs.
- Live and Online Workshops and Courses – We host live and online workshops and develop online courses for musicians and industry professionals.
- Industry Coaching - We tap into our vast address book of reputable industry experts to connect artists with expert coaching.
- Online Training Library - We have a free online library with over 100 video and audio workshops and hundreds of articles on all aspects of building a music career.
- Music Industry Networking: Indie Connect runs multiple music industry networking events as well as workshops in the Nashville area.
In 2013 Indie Connect hostred the world's only completely online music conference - the IC Virtual Music Conference. For 3 days over 500 people from 23 countries networked together online and showcased their music live via video streams. Over 50 speakers from 15 countries shared theirt expertise and dozens of industry-realted companies participated in the online trade show!
I played drums in my first paying band when I was 7 yrs. old. I am still in the industry 50+ years later. My past and current experience includes:
- Full-time musician and band leader for 20 years. I play drums as well as some keyboards and rhythm guitar. I was forced to sing because I was in a duo for much of that time. I was smart enough to pick a partner with a beautiful voice to balance mine.
- Recording studio owner/producer
- Songwriter with indie cuts
- Artist Mentor, Manager and Coach
- Booking Agent - 20+ years
- Entertainment Director for the NV Sate Fair for 3 years
- Founder and CEO of Indie Connect
- Author of several music industry books and courses as well as and hundreds of published articles
- Music conference speaker
- Consultant to music industry-related businesses
- Workshop conductor and trainer
Join Our Mailing List
Receive tips & advice, industry news, notifications of important events and more!
We value your privacy and would never spam you