Music industry experts share their experience, insights & advice!
Hosted by Bob Bender, this weekly podcast features industry experts and guest artists discussing what it takes to be a successful working musician, songwriter or industry professional in today's music landscape.
Subscribe to our Podcast Email
About Bob Bender:
Bob is an established music industry veteran with years of major label and indie artist experience. His credits include but are not limited to:
- Produced over 300 concerts and festivals
- Tour Manager for Ringo Starr and his All-Starr Band, Billy Preston, Dwight Twilley, Lisa Lisa & the Cult Jam, Rick Derringer, Edgar Winter, A Flock of Seagulls, Mark Lindsay (of Paul Revere & The Raiders fame), New Kids On The Block, Gene Pitney and more.
- Manager of Artist Development for Curb Records
- Toured with Tim McGraw, LeAnn Rimes, Jo Dee Messina, and Hank Williams Jr.
- Ran Christian retail division and was Director of Sales for Curb.
- Worked with country legend Michael Martin Murphey; managed his label for 3 years.
- Oversaw the television promotion and infomercial marketing campaigns for various country, pop, and Christian artists, working with TBN, QVC and others.
- Produced, co-produced, or marketed numerous concert DVD projects - e.g. Tommy Cash’s “Fade to Black” concert & Eric Durrance’s “Turn It Off” video (which climbed to #17 on GAC’s “Country Countdown”).
- Involved with the “Celebration for Young Americans” television concert special for George H. Bush’s presidential inauguration; produced “Billy Preston Live in Atlanta” concert (1988), and the USO’s “Operation Homecoming” television concert special filmed aboard the USS Ranger (1991).
- Co-producer (with his wife, Debbie) of a new television show called “Songs in the Spotlight”.
- Served on the CMTA Board of Directors for the Gospel Music Association (GMA), was one of the founding members on the Board of Directors for the Bakersfield Jazz Festival.
- Guest lecturer at Belmont University
The Business Side of Music is co-produced by Indie Connect and Bob Bender Productions.
Tom Sabella founded The Business Side of Music podcast in 2009 with co-host, Traci Snowe. Through mid-2016 they recorded over 100 episodes and made it one of the most popular music industry podcast in the world.