Indie Connect is looking for an intern with a variety of business skills.
Who We Are
Indie Connect is a membership organization that provides networking and educational opportunities singers, musicians, songwriters, record labels, managers and all other sectors of the independent music industry. We are like a Chamber of Commerce for the Indie Music Industry. Our members are widely diverse, being of all ages and from all music genres. They range from former major label stars and hit songwriters to people just aspiring to be in the music industry. We work with super creative artists as well as the highly structured support businesses that make creative careers happen.
We run local meetings, and have developing chapters in NYC, LA and elsewhere. In January 2013 we will be presenting the world’s first global, completely virtual music conference and trade show. We have been in business for 4 years.
What We Need
We need an intelligent, professional person to assist the Office Admistrator with a variety of office tasks.
- Bookkeeping inputting – Quickbooks
- Answering the phone, confirming appointments, filing
- Entering data into our CRM program
- Event planning and coordination
- Representing Indie Connect at industry events
- Internet research
- Phone skills
- Sunny personality
- Computer literate, knowledge of Word, Quickbooks, Excel
- Must have a laptop of their own.
- Able to speak and write clearly.
- Sense of humor appreciated.
Benefits of the Internship
- Pro level membership access (musicians and those wanting to go into the music industry will appreciate this the most)
- Access to the CEO and ability to pick his brains (appreciated most by those who want to run their own businesses)
- Those wanting to build their own businesses may pick up clients
- Attendance at all Indie Connect music and business networking events (most valuable to musicians, and those wanting to build their contacts within the community)
- Booth at the virtual music conference to exhibit your music related business or showcase your music or Participant access
Submit resume to Connie at email@example.com to schedule an interview.