Welcome to the Indie Connect newsletter for Feb, 27, 2017. To receive this newsletter in your mailbox each week, please subscribe on our home page!
Check Out The New Issue of Indie Connect Magazine
Some of the New Topics:
- How to find a booking agent
- Making money through YouTube
- Performing on cruise ships
- Booking Weddings
- Taming Tongue Tension
The ‘new’ issue is online NOW atwww.indieconnectmag.com. We add new articles every week!
If you’d like to be featured in Indie Connect Magazine, submissions are being accepted through ReverbNation. CLICK HERE
5 Ways To Create a Demand For Your Act
- Don’t over-play one venue or city. Spread your act around and create a pull!
- Build targeted local fan-bases in the areas you play or want to play instead of always trying to go global.
- Open for other popular acts, even if it’s a low-paying gig. You become ‘popular’ by association while you build your fan base.
- Create video invitations to each individual gig, not just posters. It makes each show seem more personal.
- Get reviews from the press and bloggers, and testimonies from fans and venue owners. Put them on your website.
Booking Weddings and Corporate Events
It’s that time of year when recently-engaged women start looking for entertainment for their wedding. We have negotiated with GigMasters to offer you a 25% discount on their paid membership listings (there is a free level as well). Claim your discount only at https://info.gigmasters.com/indie-connect
How to Build Your Fan Base and Make Money With Your Music Videos on YouTube
See the webinar at www.tubemusicpromotions.com/ic
$100 off Booking & Touring Course
Nancy Moran has put together the most comprehensive training I’ve ever seen on how to book yourself. We have negotiated for her to offer you a $100 discount! Get the course at: https://goo.gl/Hs0hxF. Use promo code UBT-IC-VIP to get your discount (through the end of February only).
Get Your Music Featured in a New Music Business Podcast Launching in March!
Indie Connect’s new ‘The Business Side of Music’ podcast will be available soon and will feature an expert guest discussing an area of the music business that is critical to indie artists and songwriters. In addition, it will feature a new artist each week. Submissions for a spotlight in the podcast are being accepted through ReverbNation only! Click Here
Due to unprecedented demand, Indie Connect is expanding its artist consulting services. If you are a serious artist but have reached a roadblock, check out what we offer at www.indieconnect.com/consulting. Then contact us to schedule a free consultation.
Next Nashville Music Industry Coffee Break
Join us Thursday, March 9 for Indie Connect’s monthly Nashville Music Industry Coffee Break. We’ll be at Shoney’s, 546 Donelson Pike in Nashville (near the airport) at 2 PM. There is no cost for the event but we’d appreciate it if you just buy a meal or a drink. See details at https://goo.gl/OfbuF2.
CEO – Indie Connect